We wanted to update you about what we do at Vinings Endodontics on a daily basis to minimize the exposure of our patients and team members to any pathogens, including the new coronavirus, COVID-19.
We have always followed Universal Precautions for the welfare of our patients and staff. This includes:
- Wearing disposable gloves while treating each patient and handling any instruments involved in the process of treatment.
- Wearing a face mask covering our mouth and nose and protective eye wear while treating patients.
- We thoroughly wash our hands before and after entering the treatment room and use hand sanitizer between every patient.
- We disinfect the treatment chair, countertops and cabinets in the room after each patient using the highest-level disinfecting towelettes designed for hospitals and healthcare settings.
- We use a high temperature instrument washer and dryer to sanitize all instruments prior to the heat sterilization autoclave process.
In our non-treatment areas, we are increasing our diligence in wiping our counters and door handles throughout the day with disinfectant wipes.
During this new normal with COVID-19, we ask our patients and families for the following considerations:
- Please do not come in with a fever or any symptoms including coughing, sneezing, and or any aches and pains normally associated with a cold or the flu.
- If any member of your family is feeling ill, please call our office to reschedule your appointment.
- Please limit the number of family members attending appointments to those necessary for transportation only.
- All magazines, books and any other materials handled by patients and their families will temporarily be removed from the reception room to limit any cross contamination.
- We are going to minimize our team’s physical contact right now with patients, so we’ve asked our team members not to shake hands or hug.
Rest assured that we will continue to monitor various dental and surgical association recommendations along with those of the CDC and other government departments and act accordingly. We hope our efforts put you at ease. Please feel free to contact our office with any questions or concerns you may have during this time at 678-990-3363.
Katherine L. Fry DMD
3065 Akers Mill Rd. SE Ste 225
Atlanta, GA 30339