Practice Guidelines due to Coronavirus
While our community has been through a lot over the last few months and many things have changed, one thing remains the same: Our commitment to you and your safety.
During this time, we have added some additional measures to keep our patients, doctors, and staff members as safe as possible. Below are some of the changes we have made to our offices and the appointment experience in response to COVID-19.
At Vinings Endodontics, we strictly follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies daily so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued due to COVID-19.
Increased Patient Safety Measures
- Use of N95 respirator masks, gowns, and face shields in the operatory
- Every person who enters our office including doctors, staff, and patients are screened and temperatures taken to ensure we limit exposure to any risk factors for COVID-19.
- All of our treatment chairs are over 6 feet apart.
- During appointments we routinely use the rubber dam and high-volume suction to reduce aerosol spray.
New Dental Appointment Flow
Please respect and adhere to the following enhanced health and safety protocols.
Prior to Your Scheduled Appointment
- Please bring a mask or face covering.
- Please call to reschedule your appointment if you or anyone in your family has COVID-19 symptoms (see screening questions below).
- We adhere to social distancing and limit the number of people in the office. Patients are asked to come to their appointment without escort.
Upon Your Arrival at the Office
- Please come into the office wearing a mask or face covering.
- After checking in with the front desk staff, you will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms (see screening questions below). A dental assistant will meet you and will then take your temperature. Patients showing signs of a fever or other symptoms of illness will be asked to reschedule their appointments.
- Treatment rooms will be COMPLETELY disinfected before each patient is seated, and public areas including restrooms will be cleaned and sterilized frequently throughout the day.
- Our team will STRICTLY follow guidelines set forth by the CDC, ADA, and OSHA in regards to personal protective equipment (PPE) and office sterilization.